- Always take Aciclovir exactly as your healthcare specialist has told you. It is advised to start treatment as soon as possible. Swallow the aciclovir tablets with water, either with or without food. If you experience difficulty in swallowing the 400mg or 800mg tablets they can be dispersed in a glass of water (at least 50ml) which should be stirred before drinking.
- The recommended dose for Acute Treatment of Herpes Zoster is 800 mg every 4 hours taken orally, 5 times daily for 7 to 10 days.
- The recommended dose for the treatment of Initial Genital Herpes is 200 mg every 4 hours, 5 times daily for 10 days.
- The recommended dose for Chronic Suppressive Therapy for Recurrent Disease is 400 mg 2 times daily for up to 12 months, followed by re-evaluation. Alternative regimens have included doses ranging from 200 mg 3 times daily to 200 mg 5 times daily.z
- The recommended dose for Intermittent Therapy is 200 mg every 4 hours, 5 times daily for 5 days. Therapy should be initiated at the earliest sign or symptom (prodrome) of recurrence.
- The recommended dose for the treatment of Children (aged 2 years and older) with Chickenpox is 20 mg/kg per dose orally 4 times daily (80 mg/kg/day) for 5 days. Children over 40 kg should receive the adult dose for chickenpox.
- The recommended dose for the treatment of Adults and Children over 40 kg with Chickenpox is 800 mg 4 times daily for 5 days.
Commonly reported side effects of aciclovir tablets include headache, feeling dizzy, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea, stomach pains, skin reaction after exposure to light (photosensitivity), itching, feeling tired, feeling faint, and high temperature.
Warnings and Precautions
- Use of aciclovir 200 mg is restricted for patients who develop hypersensitivity to acyclovir or valacyclovir.
- Talk to your healthcare specialist prior to taking aciclovir antiviral if you have kidney problems or if you are over 65 years of age.
- In case you have nervous system abnormalities, please tell your health specialist prior to starting Acyclovir therapy.
- To avoid dehydration, it is necessary to drink plenty of water whilst taking aciclovir oral tablets, especially if you are elderly or are on high doses.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your health specialist for advice prior to taking zovirax tablets.
- Certain side effects such as sleepy or feeling drowsy may impair your ability to concentrate and react. Make sure you are unaffected prior to driving or operating machinery.
How supplied/storage and handling:
Store acyclovir tablets at temperature 59°F to 77°F (15°C to 25°C). Protect them from moisture and light. Keep acyclovir in the container that it came in and keep the container tightly closed. Avoid using acyclovir if the original seal over the container opening is broken/missing.
Commonly asked questions:
Aciclovir (ACV), also named as acyclovir, is an antiviral medicine. It is primarily used to treat herpes simplex virus infections, chickenpox, and shingles. Other aciclovir uses include prevention of cytomegalovirus infections following transplant and severe complications of Epstein–Barr virus infection.
Acyclovir is approved in different formulations and strengths for use in specific populations, including immunocompromised people. It is available as follows:
- Acyclovir Tablets
- Acyclovir Capsules
- Acyclovir Suspension
- Acyclovir Injection
- Acyclovir Cream
The medication Aciclovir can be administered by mouth, applied as a cream, or injected.
You can buy Aciclovir from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 8130290915 or can dial Toll-Free number: 18008891064. We will reply ASAP with the details of the aciclovir price and procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Aciclovir is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Cooperate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.