Atazanavir Ritonavir Dosage
The general recommended dosage of Atazanavir Ritonavir is 300 mg and 100 mg in combination in adults. The dosage of Atazanavir and Ritonavir in pediatric patients is based on the bodyweight of the patient.
One should administer the tablets with food only. Do not open, crush or chew the tablets.
Atazanavir Ritonavir side effects
- Most common adverse reactions include yellowish skin, muscle pains, headache, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, anorexia, abdominal pain, taste disturbances and abnormal sensations in the hands, feet or in and around the mouth, fever, sweating, dizziness, weakness and body ache.
- Combined ARV therapy (antiretroviral therapy) has been associated with the lipodystrophy in Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) patients, including increased intra-abdominal and visceral fat, breast hypertrophy, loss of peripheral and facial subcutaneous fat and buffalo hump.
- Combined ARV (antiretroviral) therapy has been associated with some metabolic abnormalities such as Hypercholesterolaemia, Hyperglycaemia, Hyperlactataemia, Insulin resistance and Hypertriglyceridaemia.
Warnings and Precautions
- Greater care should be taken in people with underlying liver problems.
- The safety and efficacy of atazanavir 300mg has not been established in patients with significant underlying liver disorders.
- Those patients who carried chronic hepatitis B or hepatitis C and are treated with the combination of antiretroviral therapy are more likely at the increased risk for severe and potentially fatal hepatic adverse reactions.
- There have been reports of increased bleeding, including spontaneous skin haematomas and haemarthroses in the patients with type A and B haemophiliac, treated with protease inhibitors.
- Chronic disease (like kidney disease) in HIV-infected patients treated with atazanavir, with or without ritonavir, has been reported during postmarketing surveillance.
- Patients are advised to ask for medical advice if they experience joint aches and pain, joint stiffness or difficulty in movement.
- Rashes are usually mild -to-moderate maculopapular skin eruptions that occur within the first 3 weeks of starting therapy with atazanavir.
- Patients should be advised of the signs and symptoms and monitored closely for skin reactions and Atazanavir should be discontinued if severe rash develops.
- Alcohol should be avoided for the initial few weeks (first 4) of therapy and should be used with caution thereafter.
- Atazanavir and ritonavir should be administered simultaneously with, or at least 10 hours after, the H2-receptor antagonist.
Supplied/Storage and handling
Care should be exercised in the handling of VIRATAZ R. VIRATAZ R (Atazanavir and Ritonavir tablets) should not be opened or crushed. And should keep in the tightly closed container. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Interactions of Atazanavir Ritonavir
Patients taking atazanavir should not use medicinal products that are substrates of the CYP3A4 isoform of cytochrome P450 and have narrow therapeutic windows. Coadministration may result in competitive inhibition of the metabolism of these medicinal products and create the potential for serious and/or life-threatening adverse events such as cardiac arrhythmia (e.g. cisapride, pimozide), prolonged sedation or respiratory depression such as midazolam, triazolam, or other events such as ergot derivatives.
Commonly asked questions:
Atazanavir given in combination with Ritonavir does not completely cure HIV infection. There is no complete cure for HIV infection yet, but healthcare professionals recommend this medicine for treating HIV.
Virataz R Tablet is used against Human immunodeficiency virus infections.
In the combination atazanavir functions as a protease inhibitor and ritonavir functions to increase levels of atazanavir.
Virataz R is the brand name for the medicine Atazanavir Ritonavir medicine.
The replacement of Lopinavir Ritonavir by atazanavir provides a significant reduction in lipids without increased risk of virological failure.
One should avoid the consumption of alcohol, driving and Medicines without prescriptions while on Atazanavir Ritonavir.
- You can buy Atazanavir 300mg& Ritonavir 100mg combination from any authorized whole seller after getting prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of Pricing and procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of Valid prescription of Clinician
Keep the medicine in a tightly closed container.
Store it between 15-30°C or (59-86°F).
All Trademark and Brand that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Atazanavir Ritonavir is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.