What is Bosutinib and what it is used for?
Bosutinib is a kinase inhibitor used for the treatment of adult patients with:
- Newly-diagnosed chronic phase (CP) Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML).
- Chronic phase (CP), accelerated phase (AP), or blast phase (BP) Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) with resistance or intolerant to previous therapy.
The recommended dose of Bosutinib tablets is taken by mouth (orally) once daily with food. The tablet is to be swallowed as a whole and should not be either broken or cut. Continue treatment with this medicine (Bosutinib) until the disease is progressive or intolerant to therapy.
- Newly-Diagnosed CP Ph+ CML: The recommended dose of Bosutinib is 400 mg taken orally once daily with food.
- CP, AP, or BP Ph+ CML with Resistance or Intolerance to Prior Therapy: The recommended dose and schedule of Bosutinib is 500 mg taken orally once daily with food.
If a dose of Bosutinib is missed/skipped beyond 12 hours, the patient should skip the dose and take the usual prescribed dose on the following day.
Consider dose escalation by increments of 100 mg once a day to a maximum of 600 mg daily in all those who do not reach full hematologic, cytogenetic, or molecular response and do not have Grade three or greater side effects.
Bosutinib side effects
The most commonly reported Bosutinib side effects in patients with CML are diarrhea, rash, vomiting, fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, hepatic dysfunction, pyrexia, respiratory tract infection, and headache.
Warnings And Precautions
- Vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain occur with Bosutinib treatment. Monitor and manage patients using standards of care (SOC), including antiemetics, antidiarrheals, and fluid replacement.
- Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, and anemia occur with Bosutinib treatment. Perform complete blood counts (CBCs) weekly for the opening month of therapy and then monthly afterwards, or as clinically suggested. To cope with myelosuppression, withhold, dose reduce, or discontinue treatment as required.
- Bosutinib 500 mg may cause elevations in serum transaminases (alanine aminotransferase or ALT, aspartate aminotransferase or AST). Do hepatic enzyme tests monthly for the initial three months of treatment and as clinically needed. In those with transaminase elevations, monitor liver enzymes more often. Withhold, dose reduce, or discontinue as required.
- Fluid retention may occur with Bosutinib 400 mg therapy and may manifest as pleural effusion, pericardial effusion, and pulmonary/peripheral edema. Monitor as well as manage patients using standards of care (SOC). Interrupt, dose reduce or discontinue treatment with Bosutinib 100 mg as necessary.
- Findings from animal studies and its mechanism of action, Bosutinib can cause fetal harm when used by a pregnant woman. Females of reproductive ability should use effective contraception throughout the treatment and for at least a couple of weeks after the final dose of Bosutinib 100 mg tablets.
- No information exists regarding the presence of bosutinib in human milk or its probable effects on a breastfed child. Because of the possibility of significant adverse reactions in a nursing child, breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment and for at least 2 weeks after the last dose.
Storage and Handling
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F); excursions permitted to 15-30°C (59°F to 86°F). Touching or handling broken or crushed tablets is to be avoided. Any unused product should be disposed of as per local requirements, or medicine take-back programs.
Drug Interactions of Bosutinib
- Concomitant use with a strong/moderate CYP3A inhibitor increased bosutinib Cmax and AUC in comparison to Bosutris solely, which may magnify the risk of toxicities. Concomitant use of strong or moderate CYP3A inhibitors with Bosutris is not recommended.
- Concomitant use with a strong CYP3A inducer decreased bosutinib Cmax and AUC in comparison to Bosutris tablets solely which may reduce Bosutris efficacy. Concomitant use of strong CYP3A inducers with Bosutris should be avoided.
- Concomitant use with a PPI decreased bosutinib Cmax and AUC in comparison to Bosutris alone which may scale down the efficacy of Bosutris. As an alternative to PPIs, consider short-acting antacids or H2 blockers and separate dosing by over 2 hours from Bosutris dosing.
Commonly asked questions:
Bosutinib is formulated as a small molecule BCR-ABL and src tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) used for the treatment of patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)
Bosutinib tablets are supplied for oral administration in 3 different dosage strengths, which are as follows:
- 100 mg, package configuration of 120 tablets per bottle
- 400 mg, package configuration of 30 tablets per bottle
- 500 mg, package configuration of 30 tablets per bottle
Yes, Bosutris is a generic version of medicine for the trade-name drug Bosulif.
Bosutinib is a type of drug named protein tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI). The medicine blocks a protein made by CML cells that have the Philadelphia chromosome.
The medicine Bosutinib 100 mg cost from India is less and can vary. If you are looking to buy/order this medicinal product online at the best price from India, then IKRIS Pharma Network (IPN) can be your one-stop solution.
Bosutinib is a pharmaceutical medicine that can be legally dispensed against a valid medical prescription. The medicine can be made available through a wide network of authorized distributors in India. (Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, etc.) IKRIS Pharma Network (IPN) can help to get Bosutinib 100mg/400mg/500mg Tablets.
You can buy Bosutinib Tablets from any authorized wholesaler after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the wholesaler/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill out the order form or can send mail to email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 8130290915 or can dial the TOLL-FREE Number: 18008891064. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Bosutinib price as well as the procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription from the Clinician.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay any claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT an ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Bosutinib is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. The following information is meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, generics, brands, Cooperate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.