Carboplatin injection is abpremixed aqua solution containing 10 mg per ml of carboplatin. The standard mix can be diluted by adding dextrose in water or sodium chloride injection. The diluted solution of paraplatin is recommended to be used within 8 hours of dilution. As it does not contain any antibacterial agent so there are chances of contamination. It is given by injection into a vein.
Carboplatin side effects
- Hematologic toxicity: bone marrow suppression with impaired kidney function, severe leukopenia and thrombocytopenia.
- Gastrointestinal toxicity: nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, pain and constipation are severe side effects of carboplatin.
- Allergic reaction: Rash, hypotension, erythema etc are some allergic reactions against carboplatin.
Warnings and Precautions
- Females of childbearing potential must be advised to avoid pregnancy while on carboplatin.
- Anemia mainly occurred during carboplatin so transfusion is necessary in that case.
- Loss of vision may occur after carboplatin high dose therapy.
- An increase in allergic reactions mainly caused future cancer.
- High dose of carboplatin may cause liver function abnormality.
- Needle with aluminium part is not recommended to be used in the case of paraplatin.
Supplied/Storage and handling
The vial of paraplatin should be used within the date mentioned. Generally the injection is used within 14 days after multiple needle puncture. The vial containing carboplatin should be stored at room temperature ranging from 15 degree Celsius to 30 degree Celsius. The standard temperature to be stored is at 25 degree Celsius. Carboplatin Injection should be protected from light.
Commonly asked questions:
Yes, Carboplatin is a chemotherapy medication.
Carboplatin is in the platinum-based antineoplastic family of medications and works by interfering with duplication of DNA.
Carboplatin interacts with the DNA in the cell and inhibits its growth, and eventually kills the cancerous cells.
Carboplatin chemotherapy medication was patented in 1972 and approved for medical use in 1986.
Carboplatin injection is sterile, pyrogen-free, 10 mg/mL aqueous solution. Carboplatin is a platinum coordination compound.
THE greatest benefit of carboplatin is that its reduced side effects, particularly the elimination of nephrotoxic effects.
- You can buy Carboplatin from any authorized whole seller after getting prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of carboplatin Price in India and the procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of a valid prescription of Clinician
All Trademark and Brand that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Carboplatin is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.