Cisplatin is administered with slow intravenous infusion. Cisplatin is not given with Rapid intravenous injection. It comes in dry powdered form and should be consumed within 20 hours after converting into solution. If not used within 6 hours the vials should be removed from light and must be stored at room temperature.
Cisplatin side effects
The most common side effects include bone marrow suppression, hearing problems, kidney problems, and vomiting. Some other serious side effects of Cisplatin include numbness, trouble walking, allergic reactions, electrolyte problems, and heart disease. Use during pregnancy can cause harm to the baby.
Warnings and Precautions
- Cisplatin 50 mg should be given once in 3 to 4 weeks.
- High dose of cisplatin 50 mg may cause severe neuropathy.
- Loss of motor nerve function may occur.
- Irregular liver function has been reported.
- Peripheral blood counts should be monitored weekly.
- Liver function should be monitored periodically. Neurologic examination should also be performed regularly.
- Plasma levels of anticonvulsant agents may become subtherapeutic in patients with cisplatin therapy.
- Patients with Platinol should avoid breast-feeding. It may cause fetal harm.
- Effectiveness and safety in pediatric patients have not been established.
Supplied/Storage and handling
Cisplatin vials are handled with care. They are stored at room temperature away from light. Basically, Cisplatin/Cytoplatin is available in powder form which is mixed and turned into an aqueous solution. This solution is kept away from light.
Commonly asked questions:
Cisplatin chemotherapy medication used for the treatment of:
- Testicular Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Bladder cancer
Cisplatin is one of the most potent chemotherapy drugs which is used to treat various types of cancers. Clinical studies show renal toxicity, severe myelosuppression, and much more toxicity after administering the drug in patients.
Cisplatin is a chemotherapy medication that causes toxicity in the liver, kidneys, intestines, and bone marrow. Patients who have a medical history with these organs related are strictly advised not to administer this drug.
Cisplatin is the active ingredient with other inactive ingredients such as Sodium Chloride and Mannitol.
- You can buy Cisplatin from any authorized whole seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. If you buy a generic product then the cisplatin price in India is low as compared to innovator brand. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at [email protected], Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Pricing and procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of a valid prescription of Clinician
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Cisplatin is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.