Darunavir Ritonavir Dosage
Darunavir and ritonavir should be taken orally at about the same time each day, Durart R tablets should be taken with food to increase absorption and decrease side effects.
Darunavir and ritonavir tablets should be swallowed whole with water. The tablets should not be opened, broken, or chewed.
Darunavir Ritonavir side effects
- Darunavir: Most common side effects of darunavir include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain or gas , tiredness, allergic skin rash, headache, yellowing of the skin or eyes and pale stool.
- Ritonavir: Most common side effects of ritonavir include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain, taste changes and abnormal feelings in the hands, feet or in and around the mouth.
Warnings and Precautions
- Some medications can interact with darunavir and/or ritonavir requiring a dosage adjustment or an alternate medication: eg. Some antihistamines, sedatives, anti-tuberculosis medications, some antifungal medications, narcotic analgesics, methadone, heart/blood-pressure medications, psychiatric medications, anticonvulsants, transplant/immunosuppressant medications, warfarin, cholesterol-lowering agents, sildenafil (Viagra), oral contraceptives (birth control pill), ergot containing migraine medications.
- Avoid the following Herbal/Natural remedies: St. John’s Wort, Milk Thistle, raw Garlic or Garlic capsules which may decrease levels of darunavir.
- Protease inhibitors not only interact with each other, but may change the level of
- other medications (by changing the processing of drugs in your liver).
- Always check with the pharmacist or your doctor before starting any new medications (prescription, non-prescription and herbal) to ensure the safety of the combination.
- The consumption of alcohol is not recommended while on the initial 4 weeks of the therapy and also alcohol should be used with caution thereafter.
- In order to the increased absorption and decreases in the side effects, Darunavir and ritonavir should be taken with food.
- The combined darunavir and ritonavir should be consumed at the same time every day, because missing doses or taking doses late can lead to the development of drug resistance.
- Darunavir has been shown to increase total cholesterol and/or triglyceride levels. Redistribution or accumulation/loss of body fat (lipodystrophy) and also increases in the blood sugars can occur.
- Sometimes Darunavir may affect your liver and cause a change in liver function tests. Contact your healthcare provider if you have stomach pain that doesn’t go away and/or have signs of jaundice (e.g. yellowing of the skin or eyes, pale stool etc).
Supplied/Storage and handling
Care should be exercised in the handling of DURART R. DURART tablets should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Interactions of Darunavir Ritonavir
Some medications can interact with darunavir and/or ritonavir requiring a dosage adjustment or an alternate medication: eg. Some antihistamines, sedatives, anti-tuberculosis medications, some antifungal medications, narcotic analgesics, methadone, heart/blood-pressure medications, psychiatric medications, anticonvulsants, transplant/immunosuppressant medications, warfarin, cholesterol-lowering agents, sildenafil (Viagra), oral contraceptives (birth control pill), ergot containing migraine medications.
Commonly asked questions:
HIV (human immunodeficiency viruses) over time causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is a condition in which the immune system weakens, leading the body to become prone to infections and cancers.
Darunavir and Ritonavir are used in combination for treating patients suffering from HIV infection. It inhibits the replication of HIV.
Yes, it is a Fixed-Dose Combination (FDC) drug comprising Darunavir 400mg & Ritonavir 50mg for treatment experienced adults and adolescents weighing more than 40kg with HIV-1.
The fixed-dose combination therapy may improve the overall patient treatment outcome.
Darunavir is available in 600 mg and 800 mg dose forms & Ritonavir is available in the 100 mg and 50 mg dose forms.
Yes. The FDA must first approve generic drugs before they are marketed. The FDA requires that generic drugs must be as high in quality, and as strong, pure and stable as brand name drugs.
Store the medicine between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
- Darunavir Ritonavir price is low if you purchase its generic brand, you can buy it from any authorized whole seller after getting prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of Pricing and procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of Valid prescription of Clinician
All Trademark and Brand that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Darunavir Ritonavir is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.