Geftinat should be taken by the mouth because it intended to have a systematic effect, reaching different parts of the body via the bloodstream.
In order to get better outcomes, this medication should be taken at the same time each day. Never try to chew these tablets, neither crushed nor split before swallowing.
Gefitinib side effects
Some most common adverse reactions may include rashes, diarrhea, nausea, headache, vomiting, dehydration, skin reactions, cough, loss of appetite, sore throat and fever.
Infrequent adverse effects may also occur such as hair growth, aberrant eyelash, interstitial lung disease.
Warnings and Precautions
- This medication is not recommended for those females who`ve pregnant or have the intention to become pregnant.
- Gefitinib should be avoided during the time period of breastfeeding. It may be hazardous for the infant.
- Before taking Geftinat tablets, share your medical history with your physician specifically diseases related to the Liver.
- In order to detect the interaction of this medication, patients are advised to mark down all the products they use, be it is an over a counter, be it is a herbal product, be it is a prescription drug or be it is a non-prescription drug.
- In some patients asymptomatic increases in liver transaminases have been reported; therefore, periodic liver function (bilirubin, transaminases, and alkaline phosphatase) testing must be considered. Discontinuation or interruption of Geftinat should be considered if changes are severe.
- Patients should be advised to seek medical advice promptly if they develop) severe or persistent diarrhea, nausea, anorexia, or vomiting, as these have sometimes been associated with dehydration) an onset or worsening of pulmonary symptoms, ie, shortness of breath or cough) an eye irritation) any other new symptoms.
- Safety and effectiveness of this medication in pediatric patients have not been specified.
- Patients with severe renal impairment should be treated with caution when given Geftinat.
- Safety and efficacy of Gefitinib have not been established in patients with metastatic NSCLC whose tumors have EGFR mutations other than exon 19 deletions or exon 21 (L858R) substitution mutations.
- Periodic liver function testing should be performed. Withhold Gefitinib in patients with worsening liver function and discontinue in patients with severe hepatic impairment.
- Geftinat treatment must be discontinued or interrupted if the patient develops , blistering, severe bullous or exfoliating conditions.
- Advise patients to immediately contact their healthcare provider for new onset or worsening of pulmonary symptoms such as dyspnea, cough and fever.
- Advise patients promptly to contact their healthcare provider if they develop eye symptoms, lacrimation, light sensitivity, blurred vision, eye pain, red eye or changes in vision.
Supplied/Storage and handling
Care should be implemented in the proper handling of Geftinat (Gefitinib). Geftinat tablets should not be opened or crushed unnecessarily.
The store permitted this medication between 20-25 C (68-77 F).
Commonly asked questions:
No, Gefitinib is a kinase inhibitor drug used to treat people with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that has spread to other parts of the body.
This medication is contraindicated in patients with the severe hypersensitivity to gefitinib or to any other component of gefitinib.
The chemical name of gefitinib is 4-Quinazolinamine N-(3-chloro-4-fluorophenyl)-7-methoxy-6-[3-(4-morpholinyl) propoxy].
People falling under the following criteria should avoid Gefitinib:
Lung or breathing problems.
Ever had liver problems.
Problems related to eyes.
Pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
If you forget to take your dose, immediately take it. Do not consume a missed dose within the 12 hours of the next dose.
There is no specific treatment or antidote for overdose of Gefitinib. Few patients took an overdose of Gefitinib, but they did not experience any significant side effects. If one takes an overdose, keep the patient under observation and consult the physician for worsening signs and symptoms.
- If you buy generic brand then gefitinib price is low as compared to branded(innovator) one, you can buy this medication from any authorized whole seller after getting prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of Pricing and procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of Valid prescription of Clinician
All Trademark and Brand that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Gefitinib is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.