Lapatinib tablet Dosage
Lapatinib should be taken orally at about the same time each day, at least one hour before or one hour after a meal, in contrast to capecitabine which should be taken with meal or within half an hour after the meal. Lapatinib tablets should be swallowed whole with water. The tablets should be unopened, unbroken, or unchewed.
Lapatinib side effects
Most common adverse reactions include diarrhea, red, painful hands and feet, nausea, rash, vomiting, tiredness or weakness, mouth sores, loss of appetite, indigestion, unusual hair loss or thinning, nose bleeds, headache, dry skin and itching.
Warnings and Precautions
- Lapatinib may interact with grapefruit. Patients should avoid taking this drug with grapefruit.
- This medication has been reported in order to decrease left ventricular ejection fraction which can result in shortness of breath, palpitations or fatigue. Patients must inform their healthcare provider if they experience these symptoms while taking lapatinib 250 mg.
- It often causes diarrhea which can be severe in a few cases. Patients must be instructed about how to manage diarrhea and to inform their healthcare provider if severe diarrhea occurs while on tykerb.
- Lapatinib 250 mg may interact with many drugs; therefore, patients should be advised to report to their healthcare provider the use of any other prescription or nonprescription medication or herbal products.
- This drug is recommended with other drugs called capecitabine or letrozole, patient should also discuss with their healthcare provider any medicines that need to be avoided during the treatment.
- Before taking this drug tell your doctor if you have heart problems, liver problems or ever had a severe allergic (hypersensitivity) reaction to it.
- Patients must be monitored for the pulmonary symptoms indicative of interstitial lung disease or pneumonitis.
- Lapatinib should be avoided by pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on treatment with it, inform your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
- In patients who develop severe hepatotoxicity while on therapy, this medication must be discontinued and patients shouldn’t be retreated with the Tykerb 250.
- Lapatinib should be watchfully administered to patients who have or may experience prolongation of the QTc.
- Use of this medication is unspecified during breastfeeding.
Supplied/Storage and handling
Care should be exercised in the handling of this drug. TYKERB tablets should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Drug interaction of Lapatinib
- Lapatinib is likely to increase exposure to concomitantly used medications which are metabolized by CYP3A4 or CYP2C8.
- Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors should be avoided. If unavoidable, consider the dose reduction of Lapatinib in patients coadministered a strong CYP3A4 inhibitor.
- Strong CYP3A4 inducers should be avoided. If unavoidable, consider the gradual dose increase of Lapatinib in patients coadministered a strong CYP3A4 inducer.
Commonly asked questions:
The U.S. FDA approved lapatinib on March 2017, in combination therapy for the breast cancer patients who already using capecitabine (Xeloda).
Lapatinib(Tykerb) is a protein kinase inhibitor which is effective in order to decrease tumor-causing breast cancer stem cells.
The medicine Lapatinib is taken orally at about the same time each day, at least one hour before or one hour after a meal. The tablets are swallowed with water, do not chew or break the tablets.
The active ingredient is Lapatinib, and the inactive ingredients are magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, sodium starch glycolate.
Diarrhea, fatigue, nausea and rashes are the most commonly reported lapatinib side effects.
- For best Lapatinib price you can consult with any authorized whole seller after getting prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of Pricing and procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of Valid prescription of Clinician
Store the medicine between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
All Trademark and Brand that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Lapatinib is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.