Nevimune 200 mg should be taken orally at about the same time each day, either with or without food. Nevimune is taken once daily for about 14 days and for the next 14 days the dose is doubled in combination with other Antiretroviral drugs. Patients should never take more than one form of Nevirapine at the same time.
Nevirapine tablets side effects
- The most common side effects of Nevirapine include rash, headache, nausea, feeling tired, and liver problems. Skin rash and liver problems could be severe and must be checked for during the first few months of treatment.
- Adult patients with the treatment reaction of rash is 15% Vs 6% with placebo. In the pediatric subject the incidence of rash was 21%.
- Cases of immune reconstitution syndrome and fat redistribution have also been observed with this drug.
Warnings and Precautions
- Hepatotoxicity: Fatal and non-fatal hepatotoxicity has been reported.
- Clinical Hepatitis or transaminase elevations combined with rash to form other symptoms.
- Fatal and non-fatal skin reactions and hypersensitivity may occur.
- Monitor patients for immune reconstitution syndrome and fat redistribution.
- Co-administration of Nevirapine 200mg can alter the concentration of other drugs and other drugs may alter the concentration of Nevirapine. One form of Nevirapine tablets should be taken at a time and the drug should be consumed regularly without any break.
- Patients with signs or symptoms of hepatitis must be advised to discontinue Nevimune and immediately seek medical evaluation, which should include liver function tests.
- If you take birth control pills, you should not rely on them to prevent pregnancy. They may not work if you take Nevimune. Talk with your doctor about other types of birth control that you can use.
- During the initial months of treatment, patients should be checked skin rash and liver problems.
- The U.S. FDA recommends close monitoring during the first 6 weeks of therapy for the above symptoms as there is high risk during this time. Continued monitoring is recommended for up to the first 18 weeks of treatment. If any patient observes hepatitis plus rash or other any systemic signs or symptoms, or skin rash or severe hypersensitivity, Nevirapine should not be initiated.
Supplied/Storage and handling
Care should be exercised in the handling of Nevimune . Nevirapine tablets should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Drug Interactions of Nevirapine
- Concomitant use of St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum, which has been shown to induce CYP3A4 and CYP1A2 or such products which contain St. John’s wort content may significantly lower the level of the Nevirapine.
- Nevirapine is an inducer of cytochrome P450 isoenzymes CYP3A4 and CYP2B6. So it can reduce or decrease the levels of various co-administered medications which could be antiretrovirals efavirenz, lopinavir, indinavir, nelfinavir and saquinavir, also clarithromycin, ketoconazole, forms of hormonal contraception, and methadone.
- Nevirapine is a kind of substrate for liver CYP2B6 and CYP3A enzymes. Concomitant administration of drugs that are inhibitors of these enzymes may increase serum nevirapine levels significantly.
Commonly asked questions:
Nevirapine is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) and works by blocking the function of reverse transcriptase.
In 1996, Nevirapine a NNRTI was approved for medical use. This drug is on the WHO’s (World Health Organization’s) List of the Essential Medicines, which are quite safest and also the most effective medicines needed in a health system.
Nevimune (Nevirapine) Tablet is prescribed for: HIV infection.
The active ingredient in the medicine is Nevirapine, and the inactive ingredients are lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, iron oxide, and magnesium stearate.
The tablets of Nevirapine are taken orally at the same time every day.
- You can buy Nevirapine 200 mg from any authorized whole seller after getting prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of Pricing and procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of Valid prescription of Clinician
Do not crush the medicine.
Store the medicine at temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F).
All Trademark and Brand that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Nevirapine tablets IP 200 mg is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller and Pharmacies.