Ribavirin (Ribasure) should be taken orally at about the same time each day, either with or without food. Ribasure is taken once daily according to body weight and genotype. Use of this drug during pregnancy may cause birth defects to the baby so it is commonly advised to take effective birth controls for at least 7 months.
The most common side effects of ribavirin in adults receiving combination therapy are fatigue/asthenia, pyrexia, myalgia, and headache. This treatment can also cause some serious side effects such as red blood cell breakdown, liver problems, and allergic reactions.
Warnings and Precautions
- RIBASURE must not be used alone because ribavirin monotherapy is not effective for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection. The safety and efficacy of RIBASURE have only been established when used together with pegylated interferon alfa-2a, recombinant.
- Birth defects or fetal defects are very high with the use of Ribavirin in the pregnancy.
- Hemolytic anemia may occur by the sudden decrease in hemoglobin.
- Risk of hepatic failure and death is common while consuming Ribasure capsules.
- Hypersensitivity reactions including urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis may occur.
- Ribasure tablets can lead to autoimmune or infection disorders.
- Ribavirin should not be used for Ebola or Marburg infections.
- Ribavirin capsules should not be given with zidovudine because of the increased risk of anemia.
- Safety and effectiveness of Ribasure (ribavirin 200mg) have not been established in patients below the age of 18.
- Ribavirin (Tribavirin) should not be used for Ebola or Marburg infections.
- Effective birth control is recommended for Both males as well as females should follow the effective birth control for at least 7 months.
Supplied/Storage and handling
Care should be exercised in the handling of Ribasure . Ribasure capsules should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Interactions of Ribavirin capsules
- Discontinue the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors or reduce dose or discontinue interferon, ribavirin or both with the worsening toxicities.
- Concomitant administration of azathioprine with ribavirin is known to reduce the severe pancytopenia and may increase the risk of azathioprine associated myelotoxicity.
Commonly asked questions:
Ribavirin, also can be addressed as Tribavirin, which is an antiviral medication. Which is used against:
- RSV infection
- Hepatitis C
- And, some viral hemorrhagic fevers.
Ribavirin is a nucleoside analog drug with antiviral activity. This medicine comes under the category of antiviral medication.
Ribavirin shows antiviral properties. This medicine increases the mutation frequency in the genomes of several RNA viruses, and ribavirin triphosphate inhibits HCV polymerase in a biochemical reaction.
Yes, Ribavirin has been also used (in combination with midazolam, ketamine, and amantadine) in the treatment of rabies.
The active ingredient in the medicine is Ribavirin, and the inactive ingredients are pregelatinized starch, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, cornstarch, and magnesium stearate.
Use of ribavirin 200 mg while on pregnancy results in harm to the baby. And, an effective birth control should be recommended for males as well as females for at least 7 months during and after use.
Ribavirin was approved for medical use in 1986.
A few of possible serious adverse effects include:
- Red blood cell breakdown
- Liver problems
- Allergic reactions
- You can buy Ribavirin from any authorized whole seller after getting prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
- The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patient can also send WhatsApp message to +91 8130290915. We will reply ASAP with the details of Pricing and procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of Valid prescription of Clinician
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on the website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. Ribavirin 200 mg is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed.
Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.